LamparaRestaurant, $$, Makati
Opens at: 18:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sat
- Sun Close
- Mon - Sat 18:00-22:00
- +632 8990 7055
- 5883 Enriquez Street, Poblacion, Makati City
- Private RoomDisplay when Private Room checked
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeNo
- Vegetarian DishYes
- Bring Your Own BottleNo
- CorkagePHP 1,000
- Smoking AreaYes
- Car ValetNo
Tucked away in gentrified Poblacion is a chic little bistro, discoverable through the signage above a small stairwell. The entrance is a prelude to what lies in wait, which are charming reinventions of ordinary fare in our local cuisine. With its intimate set-up dressed in mid-century cool, this is easily one of the more interesting newcomers to the city’s dining scene.
• Begin in earnest with starters such as tofu, an amalgam of pork floss, crisped bacon, and silken tofu on black vinegar—just enough flavour to whet your appetite as you await your main courses.
• Try the Dinuckdukan, a duck-focused take on Filipino sisig that carries a sense of local pride in its flavour.
• End strong with the yema and tsokolate, a deconstructed confection of Malagos chocolate, honey, and condensed milk.