MaisenRestaurant, $$, Japanese, Taguig
Open. Close at: 23:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 11:00-23:00
- +632 777 7888 loc. 703
- Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila, 30th Street cor. 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
- Private RoomYes
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeNo
- Vegetarian DishYes
- Bring Your Own BottleNo
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetNo
Hailing from Aoyama, Seiyokan in Japan where it first opened in 1965, the famous tonkatsu chain brings the same dining experience as what you'd expect from the Land of the Rising Sun.
- A definite must-try is the katsumabushi set—bite-sized pork tenderloin katsu on top of steamed rice and served with onsen tamago and dashi stock. The panko crunch surrounding the succulent meat inside is hard to beat.
- The pork sukiyaki set is another stellar dish with a broth that oozes with umami.
- Purists will surely love the tenderloin tonkatsu set. No matter how simple the dish is, it is, after all, patterned after what you would get in Japan—minimalist yet of the highest quality.
- Indulge in fine Japanese whisky like the Hakushu 18 years or the Hibiki 17 years.