Red JadeRestaurant, $$$, Cantonese, Manila
Opens at: 11:00keyboard_arrow_down
Mon - Sun
- Mon - Sun 11:00-15:00
- +632 8527 0011 loc. 1344 to 45
- The Manila Hotel, One Rizal Park, Manila
- Private RoomDisplay when Private Room checked
- Accept Credit CardYes
- Dress CodeYes
- Vegetarian DishYes
- Bring Your Own BottleNo
- CorkagePHP 1,500 / Bottle
- Smoking AreaNo
- Car ValetYes
Their new chef harkens with an updated menu of Cantonese and northern Chinese dishes. A meal ensconced within the stunning crimson dining room punctuated with gilded vases and an elaborate bas relief depicting Chinese mythology transports Manila diners to a more genteel era. Housed within the capital’s most iconic hotel, Red Jade itself is a beautiful destination.
• Dim sum here is a decent option for lunch. Dip the hakaw and fried taro pancake with sausage in soy sauce, lemon, and XO sauce.
• A delicate alternative to the usually rich Cantonese fare is their sautéed scallops with egg whites in lettuce cups. Although the Red Jade fried rice—with shrimp, prawn, duck, and dried scallop—might prove impossible to resist.
• Pair your meal here with a pot of their oolong tea. It’s perfect.