Luxglove's Guide to Building A Watch Collection
October 20, 2017 | BY Kate Ng
Read on to find out the basics of creating a lasting watch collection
Like anything else we do in life, building a watch collection needs to start from somewhere. And before you jump the gun and buy the first timepiece that catches your eye, you should ask yourself why are you starting a watch collection, what your budget is and what type of collection you intent to amass.
Maybe you are fascinated by the watch’s inner mechanisms, or its overall style. Perhaps it's the sentimental value of a particular brand or model. Whatever your preference is, make sure you get your homework done! Don’t fret because there is a type of watch out there for everyone and you can start your collection without breaking the bank.
So regardless if you build a collection surrounding your love for tourbillon movements or if you are drawn to just gold Patek Philippes, do remember to keep in mind these ground rules:
- Buy what you like, because it’s your collection. The watches you acquire should please you and not anyone else.
- Factor in wearability. Enjoying your timepieces include wearing them and not stashing them away in a vault.
- Don’t buy watches based solely as investments. Like cars, their value depreciate once they are bought.
- Properly care for your watches. This ensures that the watches retain their resale value.
- Never buy a watch simply because it’s the current trend as you want your purchases to last a lifetime. - or two.
The value of watches have evolved and now they represent so much more than just functionality and fashionability. They are a celebration of the art of watch making, a statement about who we are and a reflection of life’s milestones. Satisfaction is guaranteed. We say go for it!
Click here to start building your collection now!
Betsy Westendorp Launches A Two-Volume Coffee-Table Book
February 6, 2018 | BY Philippine Tatler
Know Your Feng Shui Prospects For 2018
February 5, 2018 | BY Philippine Tatler
9 Artists To Look Out For At This Year's Art Fair PH
February 1, 2018 | BY Dorynna Untiverophoto_library
Presenting T.Dining & The Best Restaurants Guide 2018
January 31, 2018 | BY Shauna Popple Williamsphoto_library