COVID-19 Vaccination Perks: House And Lot, Sacks Of Rice, Free Meals; And More
So much time has passed since we've last mingled with our peers outside. According to experts, the best way to defeat a pandemic (and our dreadful home confinement) is through herd immunity, something we can only achieve when a certain number of people are vaccinated against a disease.
In their efforts to get everyone vaccinated against COVID-19, local government units and companies in the Philippines collaborated to provide several incentives such as free meals, discounts, and even house and lots.
Listed in this article are rewards you may get when you get jabs of COVID-19 vaccines:
There are several fast food and restaurants around Metro Manila that offer discounts and free meals with every COVID-19 vaccination card. We have listed some of them for you:
- 121 Restaurant: Free Lumpiang Shanghai Solo for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP888.00.
- 390 degrees: Buy one, take one Black Burger a la carte.
- 8Cuts: Free Moment Card Valued at PHP500. Customers can enjoy a 10 per cent discount using the Moment Card for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,000.
- Amici: Free Small Scoop of Gelato (worth PHP100) for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP450.
- Apero: Buy one Take one on AOC fresh-pressed juice or Mimosa.
- Babu - The Grid Food Market: Get a 10 per cent discount on a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,000.
- Bacolod Chicken Inasal: Free Regular Iced Tea when you order a meal (1 dish and rice) or free Upgrade to Bottomless Iced Tea with every order of Bacolod Chicken Inasal Meals with Drinks! (Sarap Meals, Namit Meals).
- Banapple: Free Home Brewed Iced Tea (12oz) for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP300.
- Banh Mi Kitchen Services, Inc.: Free Medium Lemongrass Pandan Drink for every purchase of our Premium Creations Banh Mi.
- Blackbeard's Seafood Island: Free one Bangus Sisig with a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,500. For dine-in and take-out
- Bo's Coffee: Buy two Cold White Brew for the price of 1. For dine-in and take-out transactions only.
- Brotzeit German Bier bar & Restaurant: Free one in-house drink for the day with a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,000.
- Buffalo's Wings N' Things: Free BBQ Queso Nachos with any order of a Grand Slam Bundle.
- Cibo: Free one Panna Cotta Mango for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,500.
- Crustasia Asian Seafood Market: Free one Fresh Spring Roll with a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,500.
- Duck & Buvette: Buy 1 Take 1 on AOC fresh-pressed juice or Mimosa.
- Frankie's New York Buffalo Wings: Get 10 per cent on the following Boneless items (all sizes): CJ, Wicked, Honey M, S&P (max. P50 discount). Valid for dine-in and take out transactions only.
- Genki Sushi: Get 10 per cent discount on single receipt purchases.
- Goldilocks: Get 10 per cent off with PHP300 single minimum purchase.
- Hawker Chan: Free Foodee Iced Tea with every meal purchase.
- Hukad: Get 10 per cent discount on a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,500. Valid on weekdays and dine-in transactions
- Ipponyari Japanese Restaurant: Free one 6pcs Gyoza for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,500.
- Macao Imperial Tea: Buy One Get One on Black Pearl Milk Tea.
- Manam: Free Moment Card Valued at PHP500. Customers can enjoy a 10 per cent discount using the Moment Card for a minimum single-receipt purchase of PHP1,000.
- Shake Shack: Free single cup of vanilla frozen custard to vaccinated guests for a minimum single receipt of PHP1,000. To redeem, just show a Team Member your vaccine card before ordering in-store.
HOUSE AND LOT
In some parts of Manila, a house and lot prize is being raffled for residents vaccinated against COVID-19. House Deputy Speaker and Las Piñas Representative Camille Villar recently announced that her constituents could win a PHP1.5 million house property if they get themselves vaccinated from 15 June to 23 December 2021.
Raffle tickets are available in all barangays in Las Piñas and must be dropped in barangay halls, and AllHome and AllDay Supermarket branches within the city.
SACKS OF RICE
In Muntinlupa City, residents who get their COVID-19 vaccine at the Sucat Covered Court are eligible for a raffle where they could take home 25 kilograms of rice. According to a report, the Muntinlupa City Masonic Lodge 414 partnered with the Ospital ng Muntinlupa (OsMun) to give gifts to residents who will get vaccinated.
Related: Moderna Jabs In The Philippines: What You Need To Know About The COVID-19 Vaccine
In San Luis, Pampanga, a catchy slogan saying "Baka Para Sa Bakuna" (Cows For Vaccines) are being scattered around the area to potentially decrease the number of people hesitant to get themselves vaccinated.
The project raffles off a cow every end of the month. Vaccinated residents can include themselves in the raffle.
MORE INCENTIVES COMING?
According to Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) is now discussing how it can provide additional benefits for fully vaccinated Filipinos.
“We just hope that, moving forward, as we get to vaccinate more [and] we start to reopen further, [we should] especially give benefits to those who have been vaccinated already. We’re saying, hopefully, those who got vaccinated would also feel some benefits. What do I mean? What’s restricted today should hopefully be permitted already,” he said.
The national government seeks to inoculate 70 million Filipinos this year. As of May 2021, the total doses administered to the Filipinos has reached 1,809,801. In this figure, 1,562,815 have been given as first doses, while 246,986 have received second doses.
More From Tatler: What Is Herd Immunity?